Lunch 😊🍔🍟#food #igdaily #notsohealthytoday (at Marriott Melbourne)
Rewarding myself for eating healthy at 12am 😇 #food #delicious #allforme #foodcomacantbreathe #igdaily
Salad nicoise @ Trunk #food #healthyeating
I made a loaf of delicious banana bread this afternoon and it goes perfectly with a cup of English breakfast tea. Here’s the recipe :
- Melted low-fat dairy spread, to grease
- 265g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 140g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) skim milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 50g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 overripe medium bananas, mashed
Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush an 11 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf pan with melted dairy spread to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
Sift the combined flours and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre. Place the milk, eggs, melted butter and banana in a medium bowl, and stir until well combined. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.
Linguine with scallops and mussels <3
Just made these before dinner and they were a huge hit with my family, it’s so easy but looks store-bought. This recipe is highly recommended by me.
Parmesan & Herb Cheese Straws
1 large egg, beaten
few dashes of hot sauce
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed but still cold.
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
coarse ground black pepper
coarse sea salt
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface and roll out just slightly. The puff pastry should measure about 10×12-inches.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, hot sauce, and a splash of water. Brush the egg wash over the surface of the puff pastry. Sprinkle pastry with cheese and herbs, coarse pepper, and a bit of salt. Use the rolling pin to gently roll and press the toppings into the puff pastry.
- Using a floured knife or pizza cutter, cut pastry lengthwise into about 1/2-inch strips. Hold each end of the pastry and twist several times. place the twisted pastry on the prepared sheet, about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until puffed and golden brown. You may want to take the baking cheese straws out halfway through baking to flip. Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes before placing in a large glass to serve.
- Cheese straws will last, in an airtight container at room temperature, for up to 3 days. They’re really best within a day of baking.
Going to be making these for V-day.
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) (1 1/2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup(s) walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) favorite jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease large cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, with fork, beat eggs lightly. Remove 3 tablespoons beaten egg to small bowl to use later.
- Add margarine or butter, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt to eggs in large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat until evenly mixed, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Add flour and stir just until blended.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Divide each piece into 14 balls. Spread walnuts on waxed paper. Dip balls in reserved egg, then roll in walnuts, gently pressing nuts onto dough.
- Place balls, 2 inches apart, on cookie sheet. With thumb, make small indentation in center of each ball. Bake cookies 20 minutes or until golden. Transfer cookies to wire rack. Immediately fill each indentation with a rounded 1/4 teaspoon of jam. Cool cookies completely on wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining balls and jam. When jam has set, store cookies, with waxed paper between layers, in tightly covered container up to 1 week.